adding RF sensor to BBoil classic

erikw

adding RF sensor to BBoil classic

Post by erikw » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 am

I have a BBoil classic with wired sensor that works fine.

I have purchased a separate RF sensor to connect to the BBoil Classic, but run into problems.
When I try to connect the sensor to the central block it doenst work when I follow the steps in the manual (page 22-25). The BBoil also looses contact with the Wi-Fi router so I have to reconnect it again.
It doesn't make a different if we disconnect the wired sensor from the BBoil, in both cases it doens;t connect to the RF sensor and the WiFi connection is lost.

What is the correct procedure?

Deyan

Re: adding RF sensor to BBoil classic

Post by Deyan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

BBoil and BBoil RF are two different products.

BBoil works only with wired temperature sensors. The product allows you to connect additional wired temperature sensors. However, this product can not be connected to wireless temperature sensors.

BBoil RF works with wireless temperature sensors and additional wireless sensors can be connected to this product as well. If you want to connect additional wireless temperature sensors to BBoil RF, you can do that as described in the manual. The wireless temperature sensors of BBoil RF are allowing the connection of one wired temperature sensor as well.

The issues, you have described are probably due to that you are trying to connect wireless temperature sensor to BBoil.

erikw

Post by erikw » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:22 pm

OK thanks for the clarification.

Is there a possibility to add multiple wired sensors to the BBoil or is this only possible for BBoil RF

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Yes, you can add multiple wired sensors to BBoil.