BBoil RF WiFi issues

Adeline Thomson

BBoil RF WiFi issues

Post by Adeline Thomson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:55 am

Hello,
When I connect my BBoil RF to the electrical network the blue led light of the device lights but when I try to connect it to a smartphone or a laptop the device disappears.

admin
Site Admin

Re: BBoil RF WiFi issues

Post by admin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello,
You can look at the updated user manual here: http://www.bboilrf.com/pub/User_manual_BBoil_RF_EN.pdf
The description of the initial connection modes - ProSmartConfig and AP (Access Point) starts form the 20th slide. Can you please describe how does the diode light exactly so we can find out in what mode is the device at the moment?

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:23 am

Hello
When I open the app i get the message “the device is not connected and can’t be checked”.
I refreshed the app and I did hard reset but still get tha same message.
What can I do?
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Have to connect the device to the network. Watch those videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBucNEB0SvE&t=12s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgISWdbRkcA

sempervivo

Post by sempervivo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 am

I have the same problem. I just bought it yesterday, it worked for one hour and after that, although the lights blink slow once every second, I get the message that the device is offline. I tried hard reset and reregister it several time. Although the device gets registered and appears in the app, the app tells me it is offline. Unfortunately, if I cannot fix this, next week I will return it.

sempervivo

Post by sempervivo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:15 am

I discovered the thermostat work if connected directly a mobile wifi hotspot so my internet provider is to blame. Can you please tell us what is the port number the thermostat uses to send the data to the cloud ? I need that so that I can make formal request to my internet provider to unblock that particular port.

sempervivo

Post by sempervivo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Ok, I got it. For everyone who might have the same problem the solution is this: because of parental controls applied by my internet provider at my request, other dns servers than the one provided via DHCP by the router were banned. For unusual reasons, the thermostat was not retrieving via DHCP the proper dns servers and was using google's dns servers which were banned in my case. Case closed.
@technical stuff: please make sure the thermostat retrieves the household's dns servers via DHCP